BAS stands for Business Activity Statements. BAS agents are registered accountants or bookkeepers who provide BAS related services for a fee.
BAS is used by businesses to declare and pay a number of tax liabilities. Some individuals who are also required to provide quarterly tax terms also use activity statements.
• Goods and services tax (GST)
• Pay as You Go (PAYG) payment of income tax
• Term for tax on fringe benefits (FBT)
• Tax on luxury cars (LCT)
• Tax on wine equalization (LAW)
• Fuel tax
• Installment notices for GST and PAYG installments
You must be registered with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) if you provide tax advisers or BAS services for a fee or other remuneration.
If you are NOT a BAS or a registered tax agent, you should not charge or receive money or other compensation if you provide a service that you know or should know is a BAS service.
• Developing and advising on a customer's liabilities, obligations or claims under a BAS facility.
• Dealing with the Commissioner of Taxation, in relation to a BAS facility, as a representative of a client.
• Situations where the client can reasonably be expected to rely on the services of a tax advisor to meet obligations or obligations, or to assert claims under a BAS provision.
Attorneys preparing or filing tax returns must also be registered. Registration requirements for attorneys are not part of the definition of BAS services and are set out in section 50-10 of the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA).
The core requirements to register as a BAS agent are:
• You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a BAS Agent registration.
• You must be a fit and proper person.
• You must have relevant work experience.
• You must be qualified
There are 2 options to qualify for BAS Agent Registration. You only need to meet one of these two training requirements.
• You must have obtained a certificate IV in financial services, this can be certificate IV in accounting or certificate IV in accounting from a registered training organization or equivalent;
• You must take a TPB approved course in GST / BAS taxation basics. This course can be included in your chosen Financial Services course
• You must have obtained a higher distinction than a Certificate IV in Accounting or Accounting, such as a bachelor's degree or a diploma of Accounting, from a registered training organization or equivalent,
• You must take a TPB-approved course in basic GST / BAS tax principles. This course can be included in your higher award-winning course.
You also need relevant work experience to register as a BAS Agent.
• as a registered tax agent or BAS agent
• under the supervision and control of a registered tax agent or BAS agent
• of a different kind, approved by the TPB.
Work experience must include a substantial involvement in one or more of the BAS services as defined by the Tax Agent Services Act (2009).
• 1400 hours of relevant experience in the past 4 years; or
• 1000 hours of relevant experience in the past 4 years if you are a voting member of a recognized association of BAS agents or a recognized association of tax advisers.
• academic transcripts of your relevant courses with proof of completion,
• statement (s) of relevant work experience,
• names and details of two independent referees,
• membership details of an accredited BAS or an association of tax agents.
If you meet all the requirements and have obtained all your supporting documents, you can request registration.
For more details visit website www.nurberspro.com.au
- Its a good idea to answer hard question at the end. After all you wont get more than one point for a difficult question as the score for all of them is equal.
- Instead of letting your old, unused, or unwanted car sit idly and collect dust and take up your precious garage space, cash for cars Sydney
- global Virtual Healthcare Delivery Market was valued at US$ 21 billion in 2019 and is projected to expand significantly with a CAGR of 24.6%
- The straight allies helping to drive changeOne of the reasons so many more LGBTQ+ people feel comfortable in sport is because of the work